Welcome to Vermilion Trail Campground!
“Take nothing but pictures & memories, waste nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints!”
Please enjoy your stay with us and come back again soon.
- Biwabik Campground Rules, Information & Guidelines – All Campers & Guests
Campground Host: Ron Peterson 218-750-1966
Check In: 2pm Check Out: 12pm
Guidelines for a Great Experience:
- All visitors must register with the campground office prior to entering the campground loops.
- The speed limit in the campground is 10 mph and is strictly enforced. Please drive carefully, watch out for
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am. Please respect your fellow campers by observing the quiet time.
Music and talking are allowed at a reasonable level that cannot be heard from the adjoining sites.
- Do not leave any food out at night.
- Secure garbage every evening. Put trash in the dumpers and close the lid securely.
- One campfire ring is allowed per site. Do not move your campfire ring without permission.
- No burning of garbage, plastic cans or glass in the fire pits. A site cleanup fee of $35 will be added to
your final bill or future visit if garbage is found in your firepit.
- Firearms & air rifles. It is unlawful within the City of Biwabik to aim a real or toy firearm at any person
within the city limits of Biwabik. It is also unlawful for any person to discharge a weapon within the city
limits of Biwabik.
- Pesticide use must adhere to State of Minnesota statutes.
- Cutting of live trees or brush at the campground is prohibited and enforced.
- Please refrain from loud yelling and profanity. This is a family campground.
- Mutual respect for fellow campground guests and residents is the best policy.
- Seek Host approval before the use of gas-powered implements.
- No gray water disposal at any site.
- No smoking in the office, shower building or outbuildings
- No swimming at the boat landing.
- Temporary clotheslines should be tied to tree trunks only and not the limbs.
- Air conditioners, lights, and patio lights are to be turned off while away from your site. External lighting
should be turned off while sleeping and during daylight ours.
- Alcohol use by underage campers in the park is not tolerated. Violators will be asked to leave the park.
- Verbal warning, ejection from the campground is possible based on the severity of the issue.
- Ejection from the campground
Any camper is subject to removal from the campground by the discretion of the host.
ATV & Golf Carts:
ATVs must be licensed, insured and registered. Please drive carefully and respectfully (10 MPH). Lights must
be on at all times. Anyone who is 18 and under must wear a helmet. Safety, helmet, and underage driver rules
are enforced by Gilbert/Biwabik Police Department, the St Louis Sheriff’s and the DNR.
Hours are posted on the campground office door. The following items are available for sale or rent from the
campground host: Ice, Firewood, and Kayak rental.
1. Dogs must be on a leash, if not within a fenced area.
2. Dogs cannot be left unattended at your site.
3. No dogs allowed in the buildings
4. Please pick up after your pet
The campground is patrolled on a regular basis by both the Gilbert-Biwabik Police and the St. Louis Co.
Sheriff. Biwabik also has fire and ambulance services. Call or text 911 with your emergency situation.
Extra Camping Units:
One (1) tent may be used in addition to a wheeled camper/RV. A maximum of six (6) people permitted per
campsite, additional people are allowed at the group camping rate.
1. The beach, boat launching area, and park are a common area and are available for public use.
2. The campsite loops and campground pavilion are for campers and their guests only.
Save and drop off aluminum cans across from the office. Donated cans go to the Biwabik Recreation
Reservations canceled within 72 hours of arrival can get a refund. No refunds due to late cancellation or
Dumpsters are provided for disposal of household trash while camping. Prior to departing…make sure, your
campsite is free of litter. Use dump station located at the office for dumping gray water or waste.
Open from 7 am to 10 pm daily. Please keep showers clean for the next person. If there is an issue in the
shower house please see the host prior to your shower to get it resolved.
Need Help or Something? Please contact the campground HOST.
We are here to make your stay as pleasant as possible.